Breast cancer is undoubtedly one of the major causes of deaths due to cancer in women. Therefore, you should be aware of the ways in which you can prevent breast cancer after 40 to save your life.
Breast cancer is increasing in the number of cases all around the world. Being a major concern amongst women of the entire world, it is important for you to know about the preventive steps that can help in eliminating the risk of developing breast cancer after 40.
How can You Prevent Breast Cancer After 40?
Breast cancer is known to mostly occur in women above the age of 40 years. However, with some preventive steps during the early stages of your life, you can prevent the risks of developing breast cancer in the long run and saving your life. Here are some:
- Eat More Berries: Berries are known to be a rich source of antioxidants that can help in reducing inflammation. The anti-inflammatory effects of consuming berries have shown significant benefits when it comes to preventing breast cancer. Berries are also known to reduce the growth of breast cancer cells.
- Take Lesser Birth Control Pills: Unless you are advised to take so by a medical specialist, it is recommended to refrain yourself from taking birth control pills on a regular basis.
- Be Aware of the Breast Density Parameter: You should make it a point to get examined by a GYN or OB or some family physician who is able to guide you on the topic of breast density. The denser your breasts are, the higher risk you have with respect to developing breast cancer at some point in your life.
- Exercise Regularly: If you have a typical 9-to-5 job, and it involves a lot of seating, you should make sure that you are exercising on a daily basis. Between your work, it is recommended to take frequent short breaks to keep your body moving & active. You can also consider choosing an outdoor sport of your interest, including swimming, playing tennis, gym, or even yoga for optimum benefits.
- Ensure Effective Weight Control: If you are overweight or obese, it is high time to give your weight a check. Overweight women tend to be at a higher risk of developing breast cancer. Therefore, you must take the necessary steps to prevent breast cancer.
Ensure the best for your body!