If you fear to have cancer, you can bring about some changes in your day-to-day diet for preventing cancer. When you maintain the right diet, it can help in boosting your physical as well as emotional well-being. There are specific food items that can help in decreasing the risks of developing cancer in the long run. In particular, the development of cancer has been observed to be heavily influenced by the diet that you have on a daily basis.
Cancer Prevention Diet
There are several studies that reveal the importance of a nutrient-rich diet that help in preventing cancer. Here are some:
- Broccoli: Broccoli is known to contain sulforaphane – a specific plant-based compound that is usually found in cruciferous vegetables having potential anti-cancer properties. A recent study conducted in a test tube showed that the presence of sulforaphane could help in reducing the number as well as the size of breast cancer cells by as much as 75 percent.
- Carrots: Several studies have revealed that carrots consumption is linked to the decreased risk of developing many types of cancers. Yet another study revealed that consumption of carrots had been associated with as much as 18 percent lesser chance of developing prostate cancer.
- Beans: Beans are known to be rich in fiber. As such, there are some studies that reveal that consuming beans can help in reducing the risk of colorectal cancer. As per the study, consuming a few servings of beans on a regular basis can help in increasing the fiber intake while lowering the risks of developing cancer.
- Berries: Berries tend to be rich in anthocyanins. These are plant-based pigments having antioxidant properties. As such, these are associated with the lowered risks of developing cancer. Based on the respective findings, berries in your diet every day can help in inhibiting the development of cancer in the long run.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is quite famous for its abundant health benefits. It helps in relaxing inflammation and lowering the overall blood sugar level. Additionally, a test-tube study has revealed that cinnamon might even help in blocking the spreading of cancer cells.
Make sure you eat a rich diet to prevent cancer.