Signs and Symptoms of Melanoma Cancer
Melanoma Cancer- Signs and Symptoms
Melanoma is counted among the most dangerous types of skin cancer. The disease is caused by the overexposure to Ultraviolet rays, coming from the sun. This particular cancer damage the DNA that control the growth of skin cells and these start increasing uncontrollably. It generally appears like a mole of brown or black color. There are certain visible signs and symptoms that start appearing on the body of a patient suffering from melanoma. Knowing and identifying those symptoms can early stage can help you save your life from critical treatments such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy or surgery.
The key warning sign associated with melanoma is a new spot on the skin, which changes in size, color, and shape with time.
The signs and symptoms of melanoma cancer can be classified based on some factors. Such as:
Border- A spot having blurred, notched, irregular and ragged edges.
Asymmetry- A mole that does not match with a birthmark or other moles on your body
Diameter- A spot having a diameter more than 6mm it can be smaller
Color- A patient with melanoma cancer may find patches of blue, white, red or pink color
Evolving- A mole that changes in shape, color or size
Below are the common signs & symptoms of melanoma cancer:
- Painful and swollen lymph nodes
- Cough or trouble breathing
- Weakness, numbness, headaches or seizures in legs or arms
- Weight loss
- Broken or painful bones
- Hardened lumps under the skin
There are also certain warning signs associated with melanoma cancer, have a glance at them:
- Change in the base of mole! It may include bleeding, scaliness, oozing or the look of the bump or lump
- Variation in the sensation like pain, tenderness or itchiness
- A sore that does not heal for a longer time
- There could be redness or swelling on border of a mole
- Spread of pigment from the edge of the mark to the surrounding skin
Consult a professional oncologist as soon as you identify these warning signs otherwise the situation gets worse!