Signs and Symptoms of Lymphoma Cancer
Lymphoma Cancer- Signs and Symptoms
Lymphoma cancer is a type of blood cancer that occurs when there is an abnormal growth of the lymphocytes. There are types of lymphoma cancers:
- Hodgkin’s lymphoma,
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
The signs or symptoms of lymphoma cancer are often based on the type of lymphoma cancer, the organs which are involved and the advancement of the disease.
Signs and symptoms based on the type of lymphoma cancer are as follows:
Non- Hodkin’s Lymphoma
- Night sweating,
- Sudden weight loss,
- Loss of appetite,
- Severe frequent infections,
- Easy bleeding and bruising.
Hodgkin lymphoma Cancer
- Unexplained weight loss,
- Heavy sweating at night,
- Itchy skin,
- No appetite or feeling full instantly.
Signs or symptoms of lymphoma cancer based on the cancer location:
- Enlargement of spleen or liver,
- Swelling in the abdominal area,
- Abdominal pain,
Pressure on superior vena cava due to lymphomas
- Trouble in breathing,
- Changes in consciousness,
- Pain and swelling in the neck.
- Swelling in head and arms.
- Pain in chest,
- Pressure due to the tumor,
- Breath shortening,
Brain and Spinal Cord
- Trouble in thinking and remembering,
- A headache,
- Personality changes,
- Mood swings,
- Double vision,
- Trouble in speaking,
- Facial numbness.
- Red or purple bumps beneath the skin.
The signs or symptoms of the advanced lymphoma are as follows:
- In some of the cases, the people might feel the pain in the lymph nodes after consuming the alcoholic drinks.
- There could be building up of the fluids within the lymphatic tissues of the abdomen. This could further results in the swelling near the intestines which potentially causes pain, indigestion or diarrhea.
- The enlarged lymph nodes can possibly cause some other symptoms whenever the vein is pressed. Swelling and pain could be triggered along with the numbness or tingling feeling in the arms or legs.
- As the lymph nodes enlarge and expands, a certain pressure is applied on the nerves that cause the lower back pain.
- With the advancement, the lymphoma cancer progresses and spreads beyond the the lymphatic system. Due to which the body loses its ability to fight against the diseases.